Ubiquiti airMAX 5GHz 31 dBi Rocket Dish RD-5G31-AC The Ubiquiti antenna that doesn't require RF Armor!
The Ubiquiti RocketDish RD-5G31-AC is a Carrier Class 2x2 Bridge Dish Antenna that was designed to seamlessly integrate with RocketM radios (RocketM sold separately).
Pair the RocketM’s radio with the RocketDish antenna’s reach to create the endpoint of a high-performance, Point-to-Point (PtP) backhaul. On the right is one example of how the RocketDish can be deployed.
The Ubiquiti Research and Development team engineered the RocketDish RD-5G31-AC with high isolation and Front-to-Back (F/B) ratio. The main benefit is improved Signal‑to-Noise Ratio (S/N or SNR). The improved F/B ratio and lower sidelobes reduce the interference from other transmitters in the area – potentially on the same tower. The improved S/N ratio allows a higher‑order modulation to be used, for example, 128QAM rather than 16QAM. This in turn increases the number of bits per second for a fixed bandwidth, which is also known as the data rate.
Because of its advanced engineering, the RocketDish RD-5G31-AC provides:
• Enhanced co-location
• Better performance
• Additional range
Innovative Mechanical Design
• Ruggedized mounting The mounting bracket is designed to securely mount and maintain the position of the dish during harsh outdoor conditions.
• Reduced weight The dish and mounting brackets are made of lightweight aluminum.
• Convenient installation The bubble level allows for easy alignment.
• Radome and shroud The included radome protects the inner components, while the metal shroud protects the cables and connectors from nature’s harshest elements.
• Dish, mounting brackets, and fasteners For superior corrosion resistance, the dish and mounting brackets are power‑coated, and the fasteners are made of stainless steel.
RocketDish antennas and RocketM radios have been designed to seamlessly work together. No special tools are required – simply snap the RocketM into place using the built-in, universal Rocket mount.