The fully manageable Ubiquiti US-8-60W UniFi 8-Port Gigabit PoE Compliant Managed Switch from Ubiquiti Networks features 8 Gigabit Ethernet ports in a small form factor offering improved performance and intelligent switching capabilities for expanding networks. In addition to the 8 Gigabit Ethernet ports, this switch offers 8 Gbps non-blocking throughput, a 16 Gbps switching capacity, and a 11.9 mpps forwarding rate.
Once installed, this UniFi switch can be managed using Ubiquiti's own UniFi Controller software giving network administrators the ability to manage multiple sites from a single interface. Network admins have full access to various Ubiquiti devices within the network with the ability to change operating modes, monitor the status of each device, manage spanning tree configuration, and much more.
Ubiquiti US-8-60W Hardware Features
• 8 x Gigabit RJ-45 ports
• 4 x Auto-Sensing IEEE 802.3af PoE ports *This unit doesn't support 24V passive POE* If you need to use this with passive 24V POE devices please use Ubiquiti INS POE with this switch.
• Non-Blocking Throughput: 8 Gbps
• Switching Capacity: 16 Gbps
• Forwarding Rate: 11.9 Mpps
• Maximum Power Consumption: 60W
The Ubiquiti UniFi US-8-60W Switch offers the forwarding capacity to simultaneously process traffic on all ports at line rate without any packet loss.
For its total, non-blocking throughput, each supports up to 8 Gbps with a switching capacity of 16 Gbps.
Ubiquiti UniFi Controller
A single instance of the UniFi Controller running in the cloud can manage multiple UniFi sites within a centralized interface. Each site is logically separated and has its own network monitoring, configuration, maps, statistics, and admin accounts.
You can access any managed Ubiquiti UniFi Switch through the Ubiquiti UniFi Controller to configure a variety of features:
• Operation mode (switching, mirroring, or aggregate) per port
• Network/VLAN configuration
• Jumbo frame and flow control services
• Network settings
• Storm control setting per port
• Spanning tree configuration
• 802.1x control and RADIUS VLAN
• Debug terminal option for command-line interface
Switch Port Status
You can also view status information for each port:
• Connection speed and duplex mode
• TX/RX data rates
• Network/VLAN setting
The Ubiquiti US-8-60W Switch Statistics screen displays a graphical overview of all LAN throughput for each port on the selected switch. Under the same pane of glass, it also shows LAN, WLAN, and Internet traffic, including the breakdown of protocols being used (requires a Ubiquiti UniFi Security Gateway, sold separately).